Monday, July 02, 2007

More Summer Fun


I am loving this summer. I can't tell you how amazing it is waking up each morning knowing that I don't have to leave Sophie. Knowing that there will be no good-byes, no count-downs of days, no constant guilt about doing something that doesn't feel right in my gut. I am on cloud nine.


On Saturday we were very lucky to have a visit from Grandpa and Kookum. We had a great day of playing, going to the beach, and going to the Distillery district. Sophie was in heaven having two grandparents there to dote and play with her.
Sophie has started to make this hilarious face that dad captured quite well on film. She lowers her head and looks up out of the corner of her eye. She knows that she's being a ham, as we always crack up immediately. That of course is fuel for the fire!
The last photo was taken at the beach. One of Sophie's favourite pastimes these days is picking flowers, bugs, plants, sticks, sand, cigarette butts (unfortunately) and anything else exciting that can be found on the ground. Between this, holding Grandpa and Kookum's hands, and chasing dogs around the beach, it was a perfect afternoon.

No comments: