This morning Sophie and I were walking home from Queen Street and a young pregnant woman approached us. She was in quite rough shape. She asked if I could come into the corner store and buy her a loaf of bread. In the store I opened my wallet only to realize that I had no cash. They didn't take interac, and the ATM in the front of the store was out of money. I felt horribly, and was quite flustered by the whole thing. I left her with what change I had, and looked down to see that Sophie had been taking down chocolate bar after chocolate bar from the rack. I quickly cleaned up and headed out for home.
When I arrived on our front porch I lifted Sophie's sunshade and found a Twix chocolate bar sitting daintily on her lap. A shiny gold wrapper resting on her legs (THANK goodness she hadn't gotten it open...can you say epipen??) No wonder she was so quiet the whole way home. Little rascal. After naptime we will be making a trip back to the corner store to pay our dues (but this time I'll make sure I have cash!). Just call us sticky fingers!

No comments:
Post a Comment