
It's time to shout from the mountain tops "I AM PREGNANT!!!" Yup, and thrilled about it.
Our next little munchkin is expected to arrive on January 17th, which makes me 13 weeks.
We are so excited about this newest member of our family. It seems totally surreal right now, but so right. Another carseat, another stocking, another bum to bath, another fuzzy head to kiss.
I was hoping to post a sweet little heartbeat here, but unfortunately our little friend had a different idea. Brett was at my appointment, with MP3 player in hand, ready to record the best sound in the world. But little peanut was running around too much to be recorded. Two different midwives looked around for quite a long time. I was a bit anxious about it, so at the end of my appointment I asked if they could check one last time (but Brett and recording device had gone home). Sure enough we found the little monkey--with a good and strong 150 heartbeat! Even once they found it they kept losing it because he (I'm SURE of it...you heard it here first) kept moving around. Oh boy, I have a feeling we're going to have a mover and a shaker on our hands!!
So, there's our big news!!
3 comments:
So happy for you guys, lots of fun blogs to come now that the news is out I'm sure. I had a heartbeat scare like that with Lauren... now that I see how active she is it makes sence.. she wouldn't sit still. he he Looking forward to seeing you and your belly sometime soon. :o)
Colleen
Congratulations, Karen! It's so uncanny that you and Melody are pregnant at the same time. I'm going with her tomorrow morning when she has an ultrasound.
De-lurking to say CONGRATULATIONS!
Post a Comment