
1) Sophie is practicing her 'moves'. She has been doing all sorts of hilarious dancing to pretty much every kind of dancing. I have to get it on video because it's too much. Move over Janet Jackson!
2) Sophie and Brett have been having lots of fun together while I'm at school (sniff sniff....there's a bit of jealousy there). They have been going to the farm, to the park and to the drop-in near our house. Trying to stay outside as much as possible while the weather is still nice. Today we went for a lovely walk (or should I say very slow amble) in the woods.
3) I am officially starting to nest (as I mentioned in the previous post). This weekend we have started organizing and trying to envision where we're going to put everything for our new little bundle in January. Getting some jobs done that have been on the list for WAY TOO LONG. Today I organized our storage room (that constantly is in a state of CHAOS). My goal is to have everything set up before the Christmas holidays, so we can spend that time with our family. Hopefully that's not wishful thinking!
4) We are trying to find a balance for Brett to continue auditioning this fall. Between scheduling auditions for afterschool, bringing Sophie to the occasional audition or dropping her off at school for a couple of hours (I have a very supportive principal thankfully) we are managing.
5) Soph is continuing to be an 'early bird' (to say the least!!). She often wakes as early as 5:30 (or even earlier some days...groan!). 5:30 wake-ups make for grumpy parents, let me tell you! So we have started a new rule (for the past couple of weeks) that Sophie is in her bed until 6:00am. That's the magic hour. It's working....s0-so. Some days well, other days not so well. We are thinking of buying a CD clock radio so that it will go off at 6:00 to let her know that it's wake up time. Hmmmm. Whenever she's up early I try to remember that once we would have been shouting hooray in the hills if she had slept all night until 5:30am. For some reason I'm still finding it hard to celebrate.
6) School for me is okay. It's tiring, for sure, but totally manageable. I think because I know it's for such a short time I can handle it. And going out for lunch once a week is a nice treat!
7) I think that I'm repeating a lot of the things that I wrote in the last few posts. The problem is that I'm tired, and too lazy to go back and check. Most evenings I am pretty dog tired. And brain dead. Hence repetitious and dull blog posts. And top tens that end with seven.
2 comments:
Welcome to the land of 2 kids... top 10 lists that end at 7 are just the beginning... he he... I'm happy to hear all is well with the little wee one and with you and the rest of the family. Can't wait to see you and the gang next month!!!!!
One of my September Top Tens is returning to the world of Sophie Brett and Karen. You actually are placed higher in the list than drinking coffee again. I look forward to being part of baby TWO and learning from the beginning.
Post a Comment