Saturday, October 20, 2007

October Trucks On


I have been meaning to post so many times recently, but whenever I have the opportunity I choose to flake out on the couch, or go to bed instead! So here's the quick and dirty of our October so far! Sophie with her cousin Jonah at Thanksgiving.

1) As of this Tuesday I will be 28 weeks. My last trimester has been going really well so far. My energy is still okay, and thanks to our Sophie sleeping until seven or beyond each morning, I am finding I have energy at school (and some days even a bit at home!).


2) We had a great midwife appointment this week. It looks like the baby's head is now in the right position (it had been breach for a VERY long time!). I was relieved, and had predicted that from the high kicks that had started a few days earlier. We have lots of appointments now! We are meeting with the OB/Gyn that delivered Sophie sometime over the next month to talk about the upcoming birth. We also have to have another ultrasound coming up. And we are now starting having appointments every two weeks. We are all so excited about this new little person. I get butterflies whenever I think about it. It seems really far away, and yet, really close at the same time!

3) We had a great weekend at home for Thanksgiving. We stayed at my sister's house, and it was a wonderfully relaxing visit. Kathy and Chris made virtually the entire turkey dinner dairy and egg free, and that was very touching to me. Sophie was able to eat what everyone else was eating...and eat she did!! She loved the stuffing, turkey and even 'apples and gold' (a sneaky name to help get kids to eat turnips!!). As always, it was really difficult to leave.
(Sophie took a shining to my grandma's friend George (who she calls Georgie Porgie!!). She insisted that he was the only one to give her a bottle. It was very sweet.
4) I have been working on (and finally finished!) a birthday project for Sophie's second birthday. I found a website that converts blogs into books! So I have ordered her a hard-cover 'Sophie's World' book! It took a LOT of time to format everything, but I really enjoyed re-reading all the entries over the past two years.
5) Brett is having at the cottage this weekend with some friends closing up for the season. I just didn't feel up to it, and so Soph and I are having a girls weekend here in the city. It's been quite lovely having her all to myself, but I know we will both be happy to see a smiling daddy walk in the door tomorrow night.
Well--I can't seem to think of anything else that has been happening around here (I know that the minute I leave the computer I will think of a dozen other things!). We are in a good place. It's been a great month so far, and I am finding myself getting more and more excited about our new little nugget with each passing day.

1 comment:

Meika said...

Could I delurk to ask - what website converts blogs to books??? I think I must have one. :)