Hello again! This is the closest thing we have to a posed smile these days. I ask Soph to show me her teeth and this is what happens!! At the same time, she is usually walking/running towards the camera so that she can see the picture on the screen after it has been taken (true digital generation baby).
We are getting excited! Yesterday I had my midwife appointment and we're getting close. All looks well with the little fudda. I haven't been sleeping that well (awake for 2 plus hours some nights) so last night Brett slept upstairs on the couch. We both had a much better sleep.
We are still tying up small loose ends (like buying new tires this morning) but still having lots of fun and family time (also going sledding this morning....that's one way to get yourself to go into labour!!).
I am both excited and nervous about the upcoming birth. The baby hasn't dropped, but after talking to my sister's, only one of their collective six babies dropped (Sophie didn't either). I have been hearing/reading about enouraging babies to be anterior (easiest position for them to be born) by leaning forward, doing some yoga stretches (cat/cow apparently!) and swimming. So we will try these to varying degrees. The midwife says the baby is not posterior now (which is what Sophie was hence c-section) so that's good news. I'm just hoping that when the little critter descends it will stay that way.
I talked to my mom last night about some things to try when I'm WIDE awake during the middle of the night. The same thing happened when I was pregs with Sophie at the end. She suggested doing some breathing stuff--exhaling while counting to 10. Last night I tried it before falling asleep and I could barely get to 4! My breathing is still so affected with this little person so high up. So I will have to make some 'tweeks' to that plan.
So we're going to quietly enjoy the next little while before our life takes an exciting turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment