Tuesday, January 08, 2008

39 Weeks!


Hello, hello, from the land of 'still pregnant'. Thought I'd open with that since it seems to be the first question out of everyone's mouth these days!! One more week until my due date.

We are all set. The bag is packed. The car seat is installed. The cupboards are stocked. We're just waiting. The jobs are pretty much done, which feels good. The ones that aren't done aren't really important and can wait.

The week has been really nice. On Sunday I had a day of self indulgence. I went for a power walk with my friend Nadine to start the day (we've started going for an hour a day walk each morning). Then a friend who's a massage therapist came and did a house call and gave me a massage---AMAZING! I have had lots of lower back pain and she went to town on it. Still have it, but feels definitely better. Then that night I went to the movies :) The next day Nadine babysat and Brett and I went out for lunch. So we are spoiling ourselves :) The final hurrahs so to speak.

Each day I feel nowhere near labour and each evening I feel more rumblings and wonder "Will this be the night?". It's a mixture of anxiety and excitement.
We've been watching lots of movies in the evening and that has helped keep my mind off everything. Tonight we're watching 'Once'.

Today we had a playdate with another mom in the hood. She has a two year old the same age as Soph and she's due three days after I am. She had a c-section the first time and was (and is) using midwifery care. We had a great visit at her place. She lives one street over, so I think it will be really nice to spend some time with her this winter.

Well--movie night is about to begin :) Signing off....perhaps for the last time before our friend arrives? Perhaps NOT!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Good Luck Karen!!!!! Glad to hear you're enjoying your last days of being preggers. Can't wait to read about your new bundle on here!!