Monday, April 14, 2008

Wowza!





Okay, I really have to stop beginning my posts by apologizing how long it's been since the last post. But it's been a month! Too long! So much has happened that it's hard to sum it all up. I'm going to try and post once a week. There you have it, something for me to aspire to (kind of like trying to clean my house before there are carpets of dustbunnies)


Here's the readers digest version:


Clara is amazing. She is holding up her head now--still a bit on the bobble-head front, but getting there. She's even had a few sits in her Bumbo chair. She is such a happy little thing. Just so laid back and chilled out. She is eating well, sleeping well, and smiles whenever you look at her. Basically your all around dream little human.


Clara has had a cough for over a month now. I took her to her new pediatrician (my sister's who accepted us...YAHOOO!) and she said that it may be asthma. Bummer. I'm still hoping that it might be a long multi-cold, but I guess we'll see. Maybe it's just a little baby smokers cough...she really should cut back on her cigs.

Soph is adorably two. She is full of wonder. Her language seems to evolve each day. She is so precious and when I look at her sometimes I just want to burst. She is also so much fun to hang out with. She and I have been doing some gardening, and it's more fun with her there. She will lay down looking for 'buggies' (still a fascination with them over a year later...although she still wants to pick them up she's much more hesitant than last year) and chitter chat to me while I garden. Little love.


For a while a few weeks ago she was having some real 'power tantrums' that involved screaming and kicking her feet on the ground. There were moments that were VERY challenging for me and I found myself needing to take a break from the situation. The past couple weeks has been much better--maybe because she's sleeping a bit better.


We've started time-outs for hitting. I'm not sure these are decreasing the frequencies, but at least I feel like I'm doing something about it. It feels right to me. And when she says sorry she seems to genuinely mean it.


And next Friday we have another milk challenge. Her second blood test revealed no dairy allergy, so it's round two of trying to drink milk in the doctor's office. I am really really trying not to get my hopes up too much, but it's really hard not too. Deep breath.


As for the move--still no house. Came close but our offer was refused. So back to square one. We move May 15th, and will stay with family until we can move into a house. I'm going back next week to look, and hopefully find us a home!! I'm in a bit of denial about all that has to happen in the next month. I'm trying to just take it day by day and not get too freaked out about the whole thing. It will happen, somehow, someway, with hopefully not too many meltdowns in the process.


Brett and I are doing really well. Despite the chaos that is about to be begin, and the stressful situation, we are hanging in there. Managing to laugh and try to remember to hug each other.

Here are some sweet and belated pictures from Easter of our little bunnies.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Got to love the bunny ear pics. Glad to hear you're surviving the chaos. My Lauren has a rotten cough too... I'll cross my fingers that Clara just has the cold that is going around. Good luck with the move. Hope you find your dream home soon too!

meghan said...

How GORGEOUS are your girls?!?!?!?!?

karen, I wish I was coming home a week earlier & maybe I could help you move or at least play with bugs with Soph while you do.

Keep us posted on how and where you are! I miss you guys so much!