Top o' the mornin to ya!
We're home from a successful family week, but an unsuccessful house hunting week. Well, I shouldn't say 'unsuccessful', but we didn't buy a house. It will be interesting to see where we end up--at this point I really don't know. Brett is keen on being downtown so we can walk places with the kids, and that sounds pretty great to me too. We've talked about the country, and while it sounds wonderful on one hand, I think it might be isolating for me at this point in our lives (a raging extrovert with only trees to talk to). So we shall see--it will be interesting to see what calls to us as the right house.
I had an audition for a choir as well last week. I sang with the same conductor when I was in university, and loved working with him. I won't know for a couple of months, but I am really keeping my fingers crossed. It would be really nice to have something musical to continue with. As well, there is a new community orchestra that has just started, and I've contacted the conductor about arranging an audition at some point.
Our family is so amazing. Everyone has been such a source of support and love to us right now. Brett's mom let us land in and take over her entire house. She even gave us her bedroom for crying out loud. My dad, Narj and sisters helped out with childcare for BOTH girls so that we could house hunt. My sisters once again worked like little workhorses to make my life easier. They always seem to be one step ahead of what I need. I had a wonderful visit at my mom's house--just felt like a normal day, not a special 'out of town' visit. As hard as it is going to be to leave our wonderful life here, we are also going to a wonderful place.
The girls are great. Clara is growing well, sleeping well and smiling like crazy! I got some great photos in Kingston (thanks for lending us the camera Beaner) of my smiling little monkey that I will post when I download them. I'm wondering if she's starting to lose some of that hair. It seems to be thinning out...male patterned baldness anyone?? Clara likes to be in all the action. She likes to be held and be close to her people. If she falls asleep she usually wakes up if I put her down. But not at bedtime at night and not for her afternoon nap---so I guess I can't complain! She's got such a content little personality. Sometimes I just look at her and want to burst. I want to squeeze, chew, suck, bite and ingest this little cute sausage. She is one cute customer.
Soph is doing really well too. Some weird but good sleep stuff. Still getting up early, but often falling asleep on Brett or I again and sleeping until 7 or 7:30!! I'll take the number 7 in ANY way that I can get it!! She's been crying in bed again and this has been challenging for us. We've tried so many different things--right now we're just trying to stay With her until she calms down. There have been such changes in her world, that we are realizing that these often come out in disrupted sleep. There have been several nights that Clara's been sleeping longer than Sophie!!
She is a riot. Makes us laugh every day. Such a little smarty. Brett has taught her to count to ten in English, French and Spanish (well, working on that one!! Seems to blend with French!!). I guess that's one upside of having asthma. Whenever she takes her puffer Brett counts with her, and he started doing these different languages. Too funny.
We decided to 'cork' Clara. Use a pacifier that is. We never used one with Sophie, and generally I became the human pacifier. I was really hesitant to use one with Clara, but it was such a good decision. It is great in the car (and if you can believe it, I actually had, in desperate situations, breastfed Sophie on the 401.....me hanging over her car seat...literally a human pacifier!!). We are trying to use it sparingly (famous last words!) and it has really helped because she is a sucker! She often has her fingers (or whole hand!) in her mouth. I figure it's easier to take away a soother than it is to get a kid to stop sucking their thumb (taken from me, who sucked my thumb until grade 4!!). So, maybe one day when I'm up a thousand times a night putting back in a soother I'll regret it, but right now it's making my life much easier.
I survived a solo morning today (Brett had to leave at 7am for work). I was nervous about getting us all dressed, fed, diapered, and pumped. But it happened. There were some nutty moments, but it happened. (with a little help from Treehouse)
Kay--I know I'm forgetting a ton of things I wanted to post, but this is precious nap time. Clara has a bad cough (leftover from a cold) that makes it hard for her to lie flat at night. We were both up a lot--so I am going to hit the hay for a bit while I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment