Thursday, March 06, 2008

7 weeks

Wow--is it ever tricky finding time to post these days. I can usually find time to check email, but I rarely have a free hand to write people back (as I have an incredibly cute little bundle in my arms). If I actually do have a spare second, I usually am scrambling to a)stuff my face with food b)complete basic bathing and clothing routines c) attempt to tame the cyclone that is our house or d)spend some quality/uninterrupted (no such thing!) time with Sophie

Life has been great though, don't get me wrong. We are in a great groove. I have now gotten more used to being alone with both girls. It actually has felt SO good. I was so nervous about it, and had been terrified and dreading it. When it actually started happening, and I realized that I could do it, it became so much easier. It's also been wonderful to be spending more time with Sophie. When Brett is home, it inevitably becomes me with Clara (because of breastfeeding) and Brett caring for Sophie. When he isn't around, I end up spending so much more time with Sophie. It's really nice. I also had my first two evenings alone, where I put both girls down on my own. Again, it was so much easier than the nightmares I had been envisioning. Sometimes my imagination is my worst enemy.

Clara is so awesome. I love her so much. We had our last midwife appointment yesterday and she weighed in at 11'11 (at 7 weeks). She is healthy as a horse. I took both girls solo in the stroller and bjorn, and felt very accomplished for getting us all there in one piece (and we were actually EARLY!)

Soph is such a big girl. Today she got a haircut and looked so big sitting alone on the chair with her dinosaur smock. She said "I love haircuts" to the woman....which is thinly veiled as "I love lollipops" which she sucked on during the haircut. I was teary watching my big girl. I can't believe she's 2.

Next week we're going to start househunting!! We're heading home for the week and will start the task. For some reason I'm kind of dreading it. I just want to find the right house, and not spend oodles of time looking. With two little kids, nobody has oodles of time for anything (other than changing bums, feeding mouths and dreaming of sleep).

And last but not least, Clara has taken 3 bottles!!! YAYYYYYYY! Sophie never, and I mean, never, took a bottle, so when Clara effortlessly gulped hers down it was big news! I have been pumping every morning, and now I can actually have some 'mama time'. Yesterday Bean took me for a manicure-pedicure. Oh ya baby--it was fantastic. 1 hour of being indulged, sitting in a ridiculous vibrating and massaging chair with my feet in warm water, reading a trashy magazine....who would have thought that would be my thing?? Me neither. I feel a huge lift knowing that Clara will take a bottle, and that I can get out without being terrified she will need to eat.

Kay- I gotta run. Brett has 1 million and one things he needs to do on the computer. I hope I will post soon---it's hard to say. Our camera is still lost and it really sucks. There's so much cutness that is going undocumented. I hate it, but aren't ready to bite the bullet and buy another camera yet.

PS...learned how to breastfeed on the move! Kind of a matter of necessity when you have an energetic toddler on your hands. Hilarious.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You're doing pretty good with posting... just wrote my first since the fall today. woops... Can't wait to meet your wee one! Glad things are running smoothly,,, happy househunting!!!!