
I have watched far too much of TLC's "What Not to Wear". Perhaps those reading this will never have heard of this show, because it classifies itself in the 'not worth it but you can't stop watching' category of television. Stacy and Clinton find a unsuspecting person and pounce on them--and they remake their fashion look in 7 days (but not before belittling and cutting down all of their previous fashion choices). I realized that I watch far too much of this show when I often think what Clinton and Stacy would say to me when I walk out the door each morning. Anyway--We have a family wedding this weekend. I have nothing to wear-nothing fits, and it is very depressing. Anyway, Stacy and Clinton often talk about certain 'pieces' that will flatter different body types. And what they often keep returning to, when talking about trying to minimize certain areas (aka the post baby paunch) is a structured jacket. Yes, that's right, structured jacket. Soooooo, today I went shopping on a search for a somewhat flattering wedding outfit, with a structured jacket. I must have tried on at least 30 outfits.
In the end I found a dress very similar to the one in this picture (I think mine is even a little bit nicer). I love the green colour. It's a tad on the snug side, but they were all out of the next size up, and after two and a half hours of hard core shopping, I had had enough!! I also bought a white 'structured jacket' (I just love saying that) to go over top. The dress is REALLY not breastfeeding friendly....in other words I will have to feed Clara in the lou, but I was getting desperate.
Trying on dresses post baby was somewhat of a depressing experience. The flourescent lighting and huge mirror added an 'oh so lovely' quality (note heavy sarcasm). Luckily I was rushing like a maniac to just buy something during the double baby nap so I didn't have too much time to lolligag. To be honest by the close finish to the day I would have paid a ridiculous amount of money just to have something that looked reasonably descent. If I had thought it would have been funny to take some pictures of some really bad dresses in the fitting room. Like me looking like an M&M in a polka dot dress with this weird puff ball bottom (what was I even thinking?) or looking like Ma from Little House in the Prairie/ Amish schoolgirl in a way too long floral dress....I could go on and on and on and on.
No comments:
Post a Comment