Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What to do?

It's nap time. Coveted nap time. The time that I look forward to every day. For the past few months nap time has been a bit 'hit and miss'-because sometimes the girls naptimes wouldn't overlap (and let me tell you, that makes for a grumpy mama). Now Clara is pretty consistent with taking an afternoon nap (ahhhhhhhhh) so I actually have some time with zero kids (as I'm writing this I'm just waiting to hear some little person wake up)

So here's the deal. All morning I am walking around my house looking at various piles of things and unfinished projects and I think to myself....I'd love to just do ______ (enter vaccuming, laundry, dishes). I'll finish that on the nap. And at that moment, I actually would love to do it. To have someone come and hang out with my kids so that I could do housework would actually be a treat (warped, I know). Okay, fast forward three or four hours to when the kids have indeed been 86ed (is that even a real expression? Or one that just my sister and I use?), and now I have NO desire to do any of the above things. I kind of wander around aimlessly, in a fog. Thinking of what I could/should do, and wondering if I would actually have time to finish it do it. Instead I end up eating premium plus crackers with margarine at the computer or talking to friends on the phone. Naptime is the only time of day that the dishes don't bug me, the laundry piles don't call to me "fold me". Ironic that the one time I could actually do those things, is the time that I have zero desire to. Figure that one out.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I was seriously laughing and crying at this post because I could have written it....and also at the thought of you eating those crackers with margarine like you did as a kid. You crack me up, girl!! And I can use all the laughter I can get right now. Love you!!