

Soph had a great first day of nursery school today. She was really excited all 
morning, but got a little nervous just before we walked in (I'm sure you can tell which picture!). But the minute she got in the class she was great--doing her own thing and totally not clingy. I talked to her teacher Audrey (who is also a family friend!) and she suggested me not leaving her today or Wednesday because we are going away for two weeks on Thursday. She said that it is probably better to start the separation once we are back and regularly coming to school. Brett will also be home, so hopefully life will be a little more 'normal'...ha ha, whatever that is!

morning, but got a little nervous just before we walked in (I'm sure you can tell which picture!). But the minute she got in the class she was great--doing her own thing and totally not clingy. I talked to her teacher Audrey (who is also a family friend!) and she suggested me not leaving her today or Wednesday because we are going away for two weeks on Thursday. She said that it is probably better to start the separation once we are back and regularly coming to school. Brett will also be home, so hopefully life will be a little more 'normal'...ha ha, whatever that is!I stayed really far in the background and let her do her own thing. If I saw her struggling with something I bit my tongue and sat on my hands in order to let her bond with her teachers. I would sneak peeks. A couple of times she would call my name and I would pop my head in, and then she'd go off and do her own thing again.
I was SO proud of her!!!! She seemed so grown up sitting on her carpet piece listening to a story, lining up to go to the toilet, and playing all around the room.
I'm sure she is still going to have a hard time when I eventually leave her, but I totally know in my heart that she is going to be fine. The teachers and program couldn't be any better, and that makes me feel good. Day one was definitely a success!!
2 comments:
Love it! Belle-Belle has the same exact backpack. When she puts it on she says, "I'm going to work." :)
Oh my goodness! Such a cute little school girl! I'm worn out from reading all of your recent posts all at once. he he... Glad to hear all the news. I haven't blogged in way too long... I started a post one day but had way too much to write so I stopped. :o) I may have to steal the top ten list idea! :o)
Post a Comment