One year later and we have the most beautiful and just as I imagined it window seat. My mom sewed it for us with patience and love (the patience came in with the piping that I wanted around the edges.....it turned out perfectly!). It is exactly what I had pictured, and I love it every bit as much as I had hoped. Thank you Mama. It's perfect. And such a wonderful gift. I appreciate all of your hard work especially on the days you weren't feeling 100%. I love you.
I think one of the reasons I love our new seat is because we are starting to add our own stamp to the house. The kids are in a great place. We're settled. We're getting sleep, so can actually imagine undertaking more than basic hygiene and survival. I am so excited about making some big and small changes to the house.
One of the things I love about this place is that the same family lived here for over 50 years. Three kids were raised here (one of whom I've had the chance to meet), and the couple lived to the end of their days in our house. I love that we have started our family's growth chart opposite theirs (and man, were they ever a TALL family!!!) I feel like part of their family is in the foundation of this house. And that it was a happy home for them. And I love that we get to update it the way we envision it. When we first moved it it still really felt like their house. That we were visitors. But slowly and surely it is becoming our house. With each change, no matter how small, it is feeling more and more like our humble abode. That feels lovely.
And we've already christened it as a nap place. Life doesn't get any better than this.
No comments:
Post a Comment