Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Workin Girl!

I gots me a job! Found out yesterday 'officially' that I am added onto the supply list for September. And even better news (in my opinion) is that I can also apply for special ed. internal positions starting on August 28th. This news is certainly fraught with some anxiety about leaving the girls. That doesn't feel good to me at all, but I know that there is no other option right now. Depending on what happens with Brett's job, I will look for a position that is part-time. But I do love what I do, and so it also feels exciting to think about what's to come.

When I left my last school I left the job of my dreams. I truly can't imagine another place that could even mildly compare. But every choice has consequences, and leaving Toronto meant leaving that wonderful job behind. And goodness knows there have been so many incredible positives with that same choice. So I'm facing forward, on a new ship sailing toward new horizons. Who knows what lies ahead for my professional career? I'm climbing aboard to find out.

No comments: