Today was supposed to have started with another Tita breakfast, but my wee one slept until 9am!! I LOVE that!! That's what sleeping in a basement will do!
We went to the farm this morning with Ali and two of her sweet boys. We met another friend there and her daughter. It was so strange being back at a place that we visited so so so frequently. It's always eerie, or strange, or nostalgic to step in the same places, and yet be in such a different situation. I think it felt a little extra odd today because I kind of feel like a nomad these days, after being away for over 3 weeks and travelling to so many different places.
We ended the farm visit with a fun and eventful trip to the wading pool (after some delicious farm cookies...always a fav!). This may classify for some as 'too much information' but one very funny thing happened. Sophie had to pee very badly all the sudden, and the nearest bathrooms were a very long walk. So I told her she could pee farther away behind a tree. Turns out she didn't have to pee (if you know what I'm saying!!!) There's a first for everything! Then just to even the score when I was changing Clara back into her clothes she bonked her head on something, and when I picked her up to comfort her she peed all over me!!! Never a dull moment.
We then said a sad goodbye to Alix and the boys and then left town and headed back to our 'like a". It was actually really nice to come 'home'???? We had an amazing time, and the kids were amazing together, but it's always nice to come home?? I guess right now this is our home. Weird. Clara never napped. At all. Zippo. Oh well, push through to bedtime.
We picked Brett up from the theatre at dinner, grabbed some supper then came back and had both kids asleep by 7:15. Ahhhh. Now I'm heading out to make some tea, and read last Saturday's paper. I know there's such thing as yesterday's news, but how bout last weeks??
We went to the farm this morning with Ali and two of her sweet boys. We met another friend there and her daughter. It was so strange being back at a place that we visited so so so frequently. It's always eerie, or strange, or nostalgic to step in the same places, and yet be in such a different situation. I think it felt a little extra odd today because I kind of feel like a nomad these days, after being away for over 3 weeks and travelling to so many different places.
We ended the farm visit with a fun and eventful trip to the wading pool (after some delicious farm cookies...always a fav!). This may classify for some as 'too much information' but one very funny thing happened. Sophie had to pee very badly all the sudden, and the nearest bathrooms were a very long walk. So I told her she could pee farther away behind a tree. Turns out she didn't have to pee (if you know what I'm saying!!!) There's a first for everything! Then just to even the score when I was changing Clara back into her clothes she bonked her head on something, and when I picked her up to comfort her she peed all over me!!! Never a dull moment.
We then said a sad goodbye to Alix and the boys and then left town and headed back to our 'like a". It was actually really nice to come 'home'???? We had an amazing time, and the kids were amazing together, but it's always nice to come home?? I guess right now this is our home. Weird. Clara never napped. At all. Zippo. Oh well, push through to bedtime.
We picked Brett up from the theatre at dinner, grabbed some supper then came back and had both kids asleep by 7:15. Ahhhh. Now I'm heading out to make some tea, and read last Saturday's paper. I know there's such thing as yesterday's news, but how bout last weeks??
(added some Tita photos from the day before--ran out of space....she bought the girls these adorable umbrellas)
1 comment:
I want to say something, but I think you already know what occasion I am remembering. Maybe that experience prepared you for today! You're on the home stretch....miss all of you.
Post a Comment