On Thursday morning we said a sad goodbye to Auntie Katie and I packed the girls up and headed to a small local zoo. The girls loved it. The animals were close together, and so Sophie could easily walk the entire morning. They sold animal food so that the kids could feed some of the animals. Some by hand (giraffes, deer and goats) and other by throwing the food in their pens (lemurs, monkeys).
It was interesting because both of my girls didn't want to feed the animals by hand. I have to admit, that's not my strong suit either (although I was doing my best to hide my detest for deer slobber and pretend to be enjoying myself). They both prefered to throw the food towards the animals from a safe distance.
I had packed a lunch in the car (cold whole wheat pasta with margarine from a huge ziploc bag...kinda gross looking but the girls gobbled it up) while we drove home and had a big ol' nap.
We picked up the dada and then headed to the park/beach where Sophie ran stripping her clothes off towards the FREEZING cold lake totally unphased by the low temperature. These beach evening swims are becoming the highlight of my visit here.
It was interesting because both of my girls didn't want to feed the animals by hand. I have to admit, that's not my strong suit either (although I was doing my best to hide my detest for deer slobber and pretend to be enjoying myself). They both prefered to throw the food towards the animals from a safe distance.
I had packed a lunch in the car (cold whole wheat pasta with margarine from a huge ziploc bag...kinda gross looking but the girls gobbled it up) while we drove home and had a big ol' nap.
We picked up the dada and then headed to the park/beach where Sophie ran stripping her clothes off towards the FREEZING cold lake totally unphased by the low temperature. These beach evening swims are becoming the highlight of my visit here.
No comments:
Post a Comment