Woke up at a relatively decent time.
Phew. Thrilled the girls slept okay. Clara slept till 8 (gotta LOVE that!). Dayna suggested we try going to a big beach near her house. We got all the kids packed up (easier written than done), sunscreened, bathing suited, snacked up and headed out.
Had a great morning at the beach. Sophie swam, swam and swam. Walking out without any fear (LOVE that) armed with her water wings and a big smile. Clara's playspot of choice is right where the water meets the sand. She sits and wriggles and digs happily. Today she even started standing upside down repeatedly and dipping her head in the water. Too funny.
We left the beach at noonish and went to Raunchy McRonnie's drivethrough, picked up my car (PHEW) and then headed back to the hotel. I managed to keep the kids awake so they could nap when we got home. I never thought this "like a hotel" would feel like home. I was really happy to be there. I was totally exhausted. I think all the events in the previous 24 hours caught up with me and I was pooped. A nap really helped.
Woke up, picked up daddy then headed to a CARNIVAL!! There was a local fair because of the long weekend and it was loud and loud! Sophie was pretty overwhelmed at first (I think because of the noise) and Clara seemed pretty unaffected. Our eyes caught a Disney princess jumping castle, and we headed over there (after buying some ride tickets). But it was next to a really loud ride and Sophie was too nervous to go in. Clara too.
We decided that the carnival was a bust, and instead walked towards the beach. Then Sophie remembered that we had talked about cotton candy, and so we got some. Then she decided she wanted to go back to the carnival. We went to the merry go round and Clara and I went on it (Clara was yelling neigh neigh neigh and leaning out of my arms towards the horses). Once the ride started and the horse started moving up and down she had enough. I ended up just holding her next to the horse, and we waved and Soph and Brett each rotation.
Sophie got her nerve up after she saw Clara doing it, and she and Brett headed for the bench. Hilarious. I always have thought to myself "Who would ever choose to sit on the bench on a merry-go-round?" Now I know the answer, my daughter! I love that about her. She always surprises me. I love when I see my girls pushing their boundries, doing something that is out of their comfort zones. Sophie LOVED the merry-go-round. The smile on her face was incredible. Definitely one of the happiest I have seen her face, EVER. She waved so proudly each time it swung around. Clara and I waved right back.
We then took our cotton candy and headed to the beach for a skinny dip (Sophie) and Clara became a sandy monster tooting around. It was a lovely end to the day.
Had a great morning at the beach. Sophie swam, swam and swam. Walking out without any fear (LOVE that) armed with her water wings and a big smile. Clara's playspot of choice is right where the water meets the sand. She sits and wriggles and digs happily. Today she even started standing upside down repeatedly and dipping her head in the water. Too funny.
We left the beach at noonish and went to Raunchy McRonnie's drivethrough, picked up my car (PHEW) and then headed back to the hotel. I managed to keep the kids awake so they could nap when we got home. I never thought this "like a hotel" would feel like home. I was really happy to be there. I was totally exhausted. I think all the events in the previous 24 hours caught up with me and I was pooped. A nap really helped.
Woke up, picked up daddy then headed to a CARNIVAL!! There was a local fair because of the long weekend and it was loud and loud! Sophie was pretty overwhelmed at first (I think because of the noise) and Clara seemed pretty unaffected. Our eyes caught a Disney princess jumping castle, and we headed over there (after buying some ride tickets). But it was next to a really loud ride and Sophie was too nervous to go in. Clara too.
We decided that the carnival was a bust, and instead walked towards the beach. Then Sophie remembered that we had talked about cotton candy, and so we got some. Then she decided she wanted to go back to the carnival. We went to the merry go round and Clara and I went on it (Clara was yelling neigh neigh neigh and leaning out of my arms towards the horses). Once the ride started and the horse started moving up and down she had enough. I ended up just holding her next to the horse, and we waved and Soph and Brett each rotation.
Sophie got her nerve up after she saw Clara doing it, and she and Brett headed for the bench. Hilarious. I always have thought to myself "Who would ever choose to sit on the bench on a merry-go-round?" Now I know the answer, my daughter! I love that about her. She always surprises me. I love when I see my girls pushing their boundries, doing something that is out of their comfort zones. Sophie LOVED the merry-go-round. The smile on her face was incredible. Definitely one of the happiest I have seen her face, EVER. She waved so proudly each time it swung around. Clara and I waved right back.
We then took our cotton candy and headed to the beach for a skinny dip (Sophie) and Clara became a sandy monster tooting around. It was a lovely end to the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment