Monday, August 03, 2009

Day 7- A Cousin Day



Another busy day! Brett's day off. We were going to go to the cottage, but Brett was feeling really stressed about the play, so he decided to work on his one day off. I was disappointed not to go to the cottage, but totally understood and wanted Brett to go back to work feeling on top of things.

So the girls and I changed our sails and decided to drive 45 mins to see my sister Linda who was visiting her in-laws. It was a fabulous day. The girls did well in the car (for the most part. My sister Kathy taught me a trick for when they do yell in the car.....instead of me yelling back (which is exactly what I feel like doing but it makes things 100x worse) just turn the music up really loudly. IT WORKS like a charm!! They get distracted and stop screaming) Anywho, I digress.

We arrived at She-She and No-No's house (that's what the kids call their grandparents). This is a house for kids. There are lots of treats given by She-She at every opportunity, lots of toys, balls, and even a pool next door to swim in. She treated us like one of the family, and fed us around the clock.

Sophie had a great swim with her cousins. Clara had a great nap. I had a great break!! The girls have never had so much sugar in one day, and they had perma smiles on their faces. Heaven!

Linda and Joe had bought toys for the kids that were a big huge hit. Some polly's for Sophie that she and Sierra played with for hours (literally), a very talkative Elmo shape sorter for Clara that she loved, as well as a walking/barking small dog. Soph was freaked out at first, but is now fine. Clara fell madly in love. Very thoughtful of Linny et al.
One highlight for me was Sophie dancing with No-No. I think she asked him to dance with her--too cute.

We stayed for a bbq dinner then drove home. Got the kiddos home then I realized that we had zero groceries and the next day was a holiday, so I zoomed around looking for a grocery store. to do late night groceries. Stocked up, came home and debriefed days with Brett, then flopped in bed.


1 comment:

meghan said...

Hey you!!!

I'm so sorry I haven't been here in awhile - it's been ridiculous here - but as I can see, it's been a bit ridiculous there too -

LOVED reading up on your summer so far :) I'm so proud of you for writing music for the show - YAY!!

Two things! 1. we are coming home in Sept. for 2 weeks and 2. I'm home sick this week - if you call me, I'll call you back!)

Kiss those bellies for me! Mmmwah!