Oh boy, yesterday morning feels like a lifetime ago. Funny how that can happen sometimes. Some days can feel so full and long, and other so short.
Yesterday morning we said goodbye to our sweet Lucybird and Brandon and the girls and I had a leisurely hour or so playing in the 'like a ...." room. They were playing so nicely and quietly that I let things be, and puttered around until the volume started getting louder and crankier.
At 11am we headed to the splash pad, which was quite unsuccessful. Neither small human splashed, both just randomly headed in opposite directions and approached a variety of strangers. Normally I don't mind talking to strangers but today I just didn't really feel in the mood to chat with whomever my kids felt like approaching. Such is life. Clara was shoplifting a variety of beach toys from one nice family, so I went and extracted her. Sophie would cry if I would get too far. I suppose this is what happens when you take your kids on an outing at 11am instead of feeding them lunch and putting them down for naps. Ahhhhhh, you think I would learn this lesson before the 254th time.
Then I got a text from my friend Tracey from school. She and her adorable two kiddos were here for a visit and came to the splash pad. We chatted for a bit (as best you can with non-splashing grumpy kids) and then headed back to the hotel for some lunch. Clara napped while the other three kids played with playm0bile. Tracey and I had a leisurely cup of tea and got caught up. Wonderful!!! Then they headed to their grandparents house (where she was dropping her kids off for 6 days! SIX--WOWZA Take note grandparents...tee hee just kidding!)
Learned the hard way that roast chickens don't do well in a convection oven. Nothing like 'possibly' undercooked poultry to spark an appetite. Then cooked the heck out of it, which made it even more appealing. For some reason, if I have ever had to spend too much time considering whether some meat is cooked enough, then I don't want it. Ever.
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then came the best part of my day!!! I went to the movies! ALL ALONE!! I was needing a little recharging time, and so Brett encouraged me to take the night off. Unfortunately it was a Tuesday, so the movies were insanely crowded, and three of the movies I wanted to see were sold out. I ended up seeing Harry P0tter and it was actually really great. I hadn't been to a movie in ages (over a year I think at least) and it was a great night. It's fun going to a movie alone. If you haven't done it I highly recommend it.
Yesterday morning we said goodbye to our sweet Lucybird and Brandon and the girls and I had a leisurely hour or so playing in the 'like a ...." room. They were playing so nicely and quietly that I let things be, and puttered around until the volume started getting louder and crankier.
At 11am we headed to the splash pad, which was quite unsuccessful. Neither small human splashed, both just randomly headed in opposite directions and approached a variety of strangers. Normally I don't mind talking to strangers but today I just didn't really feel in the mood to chat with whomever my kids felt like approaching. Such is life. Clara was shoplifting a variety of beach toys from one nice family, so I went and extracted her. Sophie would cry if I would get too far. I suppose this is what happens when you take your kids on an outing at 11am instead of feeding them lunch and putting them down for naps. Ahhhhhh, you think I would learn this lesson before the 254th time.
Then I got a text from my friend Tracey from school. She and her adorable two kiddos were here for a visit and came to the splash pad. We chatted for a bit (as best you can with non-splashing grumpy kids) and then headed back to the hotel for some lunch. Clara napped while the other three kids played with playm0bile. Tracey and I had a leisurely cup of tea and got caught up. Wonderful!!! Then they headed to their grandparents house (where she was dropping her kids off for 6 days! SIX--WOWZA Take note grandparents...tee hee just kidding!)
Learned the hard way that roast chickens don't do well in a convection oven. Nothing like 'possibly' undercooked poultry to spark an appetite. Then cooked the heck out of it, which made it even more appealing. For some reason, if I have ever had to spend too much time considering whether some meat is cooked enough, then I don't want it. Ever.
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then came the best part of my day!!! I went to the movies! ALL ALONE!! I was needing a little recharging time, and so Brett encouraged me to take the night off. Unfortunately it was a Tuesday, so the movies were insanely crowded, and three of the movies I wanted to see were sold out. I ended up seeing Harry P0tter and it was actually really great. I hadn't been to a movie in ages (over a year I think at least) and it was a great night. It's fun going to a movie alone. If you haven't done it I highly recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment