Yesterday morning we did another drive around randomly until you find a nice park. We hit another dandy--a beautiful shaded playground overlooking the lake.
I love watching dynamics at the park. Clara has no fear. She excitedly calls me to help her get up and across BIG kid things (that scare me frankly). She's more tentative about slides, unless I'm on them with her (for some reason not my favourite thing to do). I'm very much looking forward to the days when I can sit on a bench and watch my kids play, without actually climbing awkwardly up the play structure while grabbing hold of the sweater of a speedy toddler about to free fall. Daredevil kid, I tell you.
My Sophs tends to be the observer at the park. Especially if there are other kids playing. She's a swing girl. And a teeter totterer. But she would swing for hours. I think as a girl I was much like that. Some of my first memories are of my dad pushing me in the baby swing at the school by our house for such a long time. Such a wonderful and warm memory for me. Poor Sophie gets cut off from her pushing, because I have to trail Clara up the structures.
We headed back to the 'like a" and then my friend Elizabeth came up for lunch from T.O. She and I played in an orchestra together in T.O. and it was great to see her. Clara napped, and Sophie was 'plugged in' and we had a good visit. She headed out at 2:30, Clara woke up and we headed to the beach.
The girls had a blast there. It is something that makes me so happy to watch them tooting around having a great time. Building sandcastles, playing with other kids, wading, picking up goose poo (okay, that doesn't make me happy, but that DID happen yesterday...by Sophie. UGhhh, asking "what is this mama?")
Came home and made dinner--another total bust. Multigrain covered fish and salmon for us---all seemed undercooked again (and as you know, not my fav). Just looked gross by the end, so we ended up eating raw veggies and k.d. I tried, really I tried.
Put the kids to bed and cleaned up, then was in bed at 9:30.
I was asking myself why the heck people would want to read in such detail about our life? I don't even really want this much detail....anyway, frankly, there's not much else to do here in our 'like a". So, my advice to you all is either skip or skim!
I love watching dynamics at the park. Clara has no fear. She excitedly calls me to help her get up and across BIG kid things (that scare me frankly). She's more tentative about slides, unless I'm on them with her (for some reason not my favourite thing to do). I'm very much looking forward to the days when I can sit on a bench and watch my kids play, without actually climbing awkwardly up the play structure while grabbing hold of the sweater of a speedy toddler about to free fall. Daredevil kid, I tell you.
My Sophs tends to be the observer at the park. Especially if there are other kids playing. She's a swing girl. And a teeter totterer. But she would swing for hours. I think as a girl I was much like that. Some of my first memories are of my dad pushing me in the baby swing at the school by our house for such a long time. Such a wonderful and warm memory for me. Poor Sophie gets cut off from her pushing, because I have to trail Clara up the structures.
We headed back to the 'like a" and then my friend Elizabeth came up for lunch from T.O. She and I played in an orchestra together in T.O. and it was great to see her. Clara napped, and Sophie was 'plugged in' and we had a good visit. She headed out at 2:30, Clara woke up and we headed to the beach.
The girls had a blast there. It is something that makes me so happy to watch them tooting around having a great time. Building sandcastles, playing with other kids, wading, picking up goose poo (okay, that doesn't make me happy, but that DID happen yesterday...by Sophie. UGhhh, asking "what is this mama?")
Came home and made dinner--another total bust. Multigrain covered fish and salmon for us---all seemed undercooked again (and as you know, not my fav). Just looked gross by the end, so we ended up eating raw veggies and k.d. I tried, really I tried.
Put the kids to bed and cleaned up, then was in bed at 9:30.
I was asking myself why the heck people would want to read in such detail about our life? I don't even really want this much detail....anyway, frankly, there's not much else to do here in our 'like a". So, my advice to you all is either skip or skim!
No comments:
Post a Comment