Wednesday, August 12, 2009

rest of Day 13- Wet Walk & Sushi




Well we ended Brett's day off with some excitement. We decided to take a peaceful walk at a park downtown, then go for sushi. When we first arrived we stopped to admire the duckpond and take a closer look at the ducks. At this point Sophie took a header right into the duck pond!! I tried very very very hard not to laugh, but it was a huge belly flop. She wasn't too phased by it, and I still kind of smile when I think of it (I know that's bad, but you didn't see it!). Sophie is now totally soaked, and we're beside an awesome splash pad, so we figure.... An hour later we leave with two sopping and clothed kids. Changed in the car then headed for sushi!

When we arrived at the restaurant we realized Sophie had no shoes on--we'd forgotten them at the splash pad. Kind of funny, because we'd left her first pair in Toronto earlier in the week. So barefoot we took her for dinner (which leads me to a discussion on why we continue to think we're going to have a fun dinner at a restaurant when all it ends up being is a lot of money for a lot of rush and stress. Clara is not much of a 'sitter' shall we say. And she's got a good set of pipes). We dropped Brett off at the theatre (yes, he had to work on his day off!!!!) and then picked up two sweet flip flops that were quietly waiting beside the water area which was now kidless.

Put Clara to bed then Sophie and I sat in the dark and watched an incredible lightening show from the top floor of our 'like a". It was a wonderful moment.

No comments: