Our morning are now much more disciplined to try and get all of us out the door by 8:30. We are managing to do it, but some mornings feel more hectic than others.
Sophie is walking all the way to school. It's pretty cool to see a 3 year old walk that far--Clara is happy in her stroller, although I have a feeling those days are numbered.
Clara and I are having lovely 1 on 1 mornings together. Play dates with Bodhi (Clara can't stop saying his name over and over after a play with him this morning) and other friends, as well as beautiful sunny days have made for lovely times together.
Clara and I usually hop on the bike to pick up Soph, and are greeted with HUGE happy smiles. She is always on cloud nine when we pick her up, happily telling us all about her morning. I always quietly and gently prod to get more information. Here's today's scoop (the most I've managed to get so far!!)
- A special guest visited her classroom with puppets talking about germs and hand washing
- she had gym which she 'LOVES'. Playing games She played with Jackie, Emma and Graydon
- her teacher was grumpy and asked her to get her lunchbox and said (in a grumpy voice) "Sophie get your lunch box"
- Using lobster claws take your pencil and draw an sssssssssssssssssss (they're using the Jolly Phonics program for those teachers out there)
After a usually loud lunch (loud from dear Clara who is getting very ready for a nap) which consists of trying to get anything resembling healthy choices into her body Sophie and I tuck Clara in for her afternoon nap.
Sophie and I then have some 1 on 1 time. The nap time usually consists of 1/2 activity time with me and 1/2 quiet activities on her own. Today we played school for an hour, where I was the teacher, and Sophie was Emma from her class. We read books, practiced our numbers and then did some tracing of letters. Then Soph had some quiet time in the basement with playmobile, and now she's singing on the kitchen floor to her cut out paper doll.
When Clara wakes up we'll head out to the park, make dins, wait for daddy to come home, eat, bath and bed.
I haven't had any calls to supply teach yet (thankfully) and it's been really nice to help get all of us settled into our fall routine before adding another kerfuffle to the equation.
I am really loving our new routine. I love the quiet of having 1 on 1 time with each of my girls. It makes for really nice quality time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment