When we bought our house, there was a circular shaped garden where Brett envisioned the perfect veggie garden. I was very excited about the prospect, as I had never had one as a kid. He had, and was well versed in all that needs to happen to make a fabulous and kid friendly veggie garden.
He started by putting flat stones through the middle of the garden, so little boots could have a path to walk through. Let me tell you, that path has been walked across hundreds of times already. It has been a favourite route from the minute the snow thaws.
The girls are so excited when we pull veggies out and wash them for dinner. Quite frankly, so am I!!! It is incredible to have a whole salad made from your own garden.
Clara cracks me up when she finds a cucumber and then proceeds to eat it whole. Tonight she ate half of a whole cucumber while outside running around the backyard.
I look forward to watching our garden change and grow over the years. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment