Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Lovely and Satisfying Day




Today was a great day. G came to walk with us to school and meet Sophie's teacher. Sophie walked (read

dragged) her stuffy dog Muttsco all the way to school on his leash (he is in desperate need of a wash!) with her cute little backpack on.

Clara quietly takes in the scenery and also seems to quite enjoy the walks.

When we came back we had a plan-G was going to help us re-cover our dining chairs. I had bought the fabric months ago, and it had been sitting in a corner of my dining room ever since. Today was the day that fabric finally creeped onto our chairs!!!

Wendy suggested bringing everything outside, as it was a glorious day, and Clara tooted around the backyard so happily while we snipped foam, stapled and cut fabric (with VERY dull and old scissors!!)

The day got even better when Tatey and Bodhi showed up. Clara was even happier, and got a HUGE grin when she saw her cousin, and they played so well together. I was happy, because I had another slave labourer, and a G who was thrilled to chase two of her grandkids around the backyard while we trucked on. At one point they were sitting at the kid picnic table and they were talking away to each other, and trading hats. Bodhi looked pretty cute in a red and pink Dora ball cap.

I left the fam at home when it was time to get Soph and I biked over to pick her up. She was all smiles and her teacher told me she had a "much much better day than yesterday" which was somewhat disturbing because she had never told me about anything the day before. Things that make you go hmmmmm. Anywho.

This job is one of those jobs that never seems to make it to the top of the list. One of those things that you really want to get done, but more basic jobs always trump it. So as I look at all of these chairs finally finished, it makes me feel very very happy!!!! Thanks Tatey and G for all your help :) They look fantastic :)

No comments: