Wednesday, September 09, 2009

So far so good~!

Day two of JK was another success. After a few "I don't want to go to schools" over the past few days I was a little bit worried that today wouldn't be quite so smooth. But off she went happily, and came out at lunchtime all smiles.

As we have been walking Sophie to school each morning I am realizing that this walk is going to be one that we will be doing hundreds and thousands of times over the next 13 years (hopefully we're in the same place!!!). It feels really lovely to feel rooted, and settled while we begin this huge new chapter in our lives.

Our new days are wonderful--with one-on-one time with Clara in the morning, and then with Sophie in the afternoon during Clara's nap. It's nice to have some structure to our days again (even though we had a fabulous summer!!)

So far I haven't been called in to supply teach, so it's been lovely to be able to be home to help get Sophie off and launched before yet another transition.

We are so thankful that Brett's sister Mary-Kate is going to be doing some childcare for us, which lowers my stress level considerably to know that she will be with the kiddos. Bonus cousin time for Clara, and having a loving auntie is pretty fantastic.

No comments: