Friday, September 18, 2009

Weekend Exhale

Well I've made it through three weeks without getting a supply teaching call. Phew.

The thought of supply teaching is absolutely terrifying to me. I am thankful to have a job, but yet the thought of doing this seems incredibly overwhelming.

Unfortunately this is my ticket into the board. This board is incredibly hard to crack (I am learning), and I should count my lucky stars that I was one to get in when I did.

My passion is teaching spec1al education and that is my training and my experience. To now jump back in the mainstream classroom (of which I've never desired nor have I done for over ten years) is a very frightening thought. If I get to supply in a spec1al ed class, now that's a different story. That doesn't make me the least bit nervous.

I feel like I don't even know where to begin, how to run a classroom, and I have no idea what's in store (maybe that's a good thing).

I am praying that there will be a spec1al ed job that comes up very very soon. The one reason I am so happy to be on the supply list is that I can now apply for internal positions. So the minute a job comes up in my field I am going to pounce on that application.

Anyway, every evening I start to get a stomach ache about 'maybe' getting a call the next day. I have to try and have the house and the girls things in order 'in case' I have to run out on a moment's notice to a random school, to a random class.

This is definitely a test for my personality. So much unknown. SOOO much. Well, this will definitely be a learning experience.

And we are so thankful that MaryKate is going to be doing some childcare for us while I am working, which definitely lowers my stress level a huge amount.

And I am thankful that I have had three weeks to get Sophie settled in JK without me dashing off making things more chaotic. So definitely lots to be thankful for.

The first day will be the hardest, but then I'm sure I will get my sea legs. Day by day.

No comments: