Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hot off the Press

I had my first supply teaching day. I woke up yesterday to no call which gave me a huge exhale. We started getting up and at em for the day and then at 8:15 there was a call. I couldn't believe it. For ....wait for it.....SOPHIE'S TEACHER!!!!!!!!!! Of all the teachers in this school board (which is BIG), in all the schools, the same class as my daughter. I couldn't believe it. I obviously accepted.

I felt SOOOO thankful to have this introduction to supply teaching. I'm already familiar with the school (I'm there 2x day every day), I know a lot of the kids in her class, and the afternoon was doing prep time for two grade one classes. It was as good as it gets.

MaryKate was ready on a dime, and I picked her up, then Brett dropped Sophie and I off. Clara was thrilled to have cousin time with Bodhi.

Sophie definitely struggled having me there as her teacher. It was a little nutty of a morning, but we made it. 20 kids to one adult is BUSY! Sophie had a hard time a few times, but we did it.

As I walked home I had the confirmation that I am meant to teach spec1al ed (not that I ever doubted that). This supply assignment was as good as it could be, but I still felt like it was not 'for me'.

Then today I have spotted the first spec1al ed. job posting. It's only a temporary job, but it would be a huge step in the right direction. I'm SOOOO excited about it. It starts right when Brett's contract job is slotted to end, so he could be at home with the kiddos. I am off to work on my resume right now thanks to a little thing called 'treeh0use'!!!!

3 comments:

rheanne said...

Fingers crossed for you!

Melody said...

I'll be praying....I know there is a good, right place for you somewhere in that board.

Colleen said...

Wow! What a great class to have your first call to! I can imagine it would be funny for Sophie having you as teacher... doesn't she teach you in her class at home. he he Wishing you lots of luck with the job posting.