Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nervous Stomach

This is an expression that I have used since I was a little girl. Whenever I am nervous about something I immediately feel it in my belly. Anything exciting or nerve-wracking gives me butterflies. There are quite a few things fitting in that category these days...

1) There is a second posting for a spec1al ed. job. This one is a mat leave, so it's longer, and it's half time (every afternoon). I could walk Soph to school and have the morning with Clara then head to work. It's at a school right near our house so I could bike there in good weather. It sounds really really great. It closes on Friday. So I'm definitely nervous about that. And nervous about the prospect of going back to work at all. It's been 20 months and a whole city ago. A brand new school board. I feel very far from this world. Excited to jump in in some ways, but nervous in others.

2) Childcare. Without knowing if I'll get either job, or which job, it's hard to plan for childcare. One of the jobs starts immediately, so I'm trying to sort of get the ball rolling, but it's hard with nothing concrete.

3) Sophie has a cold. Which this time of year, traditionally leads to a really bad breathing situation often resulting in hospital visits. Today her breathing is bad already on day one (normally it's totally fine until day 3 of her cold). I just hate seeing her struggle, and it's still really hard to have her communicate to us how she is breathing. For example earlier today as I heard her wheezing quite loudly I asked "is it feeling a bit difficult to breathe, or tight in your chest?" and she said no. It's just hard to guess. I'm really hoping this is the first September that we start a new trend and don't end up with any E.R. visits. I slept with the sweetheart last night and she had such a hard time getting comfortable. Neither of us got much sleep. :(

All will be well. None of this is particularly earth shattering, but it is enough to have a constant nervous stomach in my belly. Which will dissipate with time. Maybe a little bit of chocolate will help!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Good Luck!!! Also yes chocolate cures all. I see your countdown to Cindy's wedding!!! I'll see you there!

Mary-Kate said...

Is it possible to have sympathy nervous stomach? Because I think I have that. You know that whatever happens you will always make the right decision for you and your family - if only you could just get some answers already, right??? xoxoxo