This morning we had such a great time apple picking. The weather couldn't have been better, it was 17 degrees when I checked first thing this morning, and a beautiful sunny day. After the week of cold and rain we had this was much appreciated. Riley came with us (as Daddy is in T.O. at his fantasy hockey draft with his friends....his favourite day of the year!!) and we had a beautiful drive by the lake until we arrived at the orchard.
We picked apples, and Sophie went for the best pony ride of her life. "Princess" the pony (if you can imagine how happy that name made Sophie) was a very friendly little thing, and the woman walked Sophie all through the apple orchard. It was certainly an improvement from this summer's pony ride, when it was in a weird metal corral going around in a circle. Clara was keen until she got within 6 feet of the 'neigh' and then settled on giving her a pat.
The girls were far more interested in eating the apples than they were of picking, but Riley and I managed to pick a bushel so we have enough to share, make some applesauce and maybe even an apple pie!! We listened to The Sound of Music soundtrack the whole way there and back, and Sophie was asking questions about the story the whole time (we watched the first 20 mins or so last night and Sophie was linking the movie with the music).
I have a bit of an apple belly ache from eating apples all morning (every time the girls didn't want to finish one I would take it for them!)
1 comment:
I just had a shocking moment when I saw Soph on the pony - she looks like such a big girl! I'm glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment