Sophie magically just began riding her bike. Full tilt riding. We haven't done a whole lot of bike riding this summer, mainly because Sophie expressed little interest, and when she did have a seat on her bike she generally wanted to be pushed down the street like a princess. (which wasn't my favourite activity!!).
Yesterday we had a play date with a boy from her class--who is one of the sweetest little guys ever. He wanted to try Sophie's bike. Well, there is nothing to spur an action from a kid than someone else coveting your stuff! Soon enough, Sophie was desperate to have a turn on her (dusty from lack of use) bicycle. And sure enough, she pedalled down the street. Actually zoomed! She has the whole steering thing down pat. So much for the 'try try and you shall succeed' mantra. This one is more like "don't do something for a very long time, and then one day try it, and you'll just do it"
This morning it was drizzling and looking ominous so I told Sophie we would drive to school. Nope. Sophie wanted to bike. Considering the past two mornings she has been not wanting to go to school at all, I wasn't going to let a little drizzle ruin our party so off we went. Clara in the backpack (when did she get so big?!!! I was pooped when I got home!! But it was still pretty lovely to have her so close giving me neck hugs and chattering in my ear). She biked to and from school like she'd been doing it all year. I actually was jogging at certain points because she was booting it so quickly. I LOVED IT. Especially because she was so happy doing it. And the huge smile of pride on her face was just so sweet.
I am going to try to remember to bring my camera tomorrow and then upload a shot of my big girl. When did my kids get so big?? It seems like a moment ago they were so wee. Life is good.
PS--I have a job interview next Friday morning. Butterflies.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment