
Did you have any idea that prunes could be so much fun?
We are having a fun and productive weekend. We got lots of jobs done around the house--groceries (Brett), cleaning the fridge (thanks Brett!!), lowering Sophie's crib to the bottom level (Brett again!)...what the heck am I doing all this time?? Good question....I can't remember this morning let alone yesterday. Something very important I'm sure!
Strolled to the Beach and along the water, where our girl wasn't wanting to ride in her stroller--so her daddy ended up carrying her along the boardwalk. Hilarious--an empty stroller and babe in arms. Trip to a coffee shop--yum.
Sophie and I went to visit Bean's mom in the hospital last evening, and Sophie Blue Eyes did the trick at cheering up the whole room with her usual antics.
Then the best part--she went down without a peep and slept until 2:45am!!!! She slept for 6 CONSECUTIVE HOURS!!! She was up for 1/2 hour and then slept another 4 + hours. YIPPEE!
We have made yet another change to our sleep strategy, and now we pick up Sophie when she cries--rock her and comfort her until she's basically asleep again, and then put her back in her crib (after singing her sleepy song)--but only once. She fussed for 5-10 minutes. I sat by her door and sang and sshhhed, which seemed to comfort her, as she never even got really upset. It's a happy medium between spending 2+ hours getting her back in her crib, and never picking her up and crying her out. We shall see. Day by day.
No comments:
Post a Comment