On Friday at 6pm we got a call from our amazing allergist (first of all, how sweet is it that she called at 6pm on a Friday, instead of waiting until Monday)
The results of the blood test confirm that Sophie has a MILD allergy to milk and eggs. She ranks as a 1 (out of ten) for dairy and a 2.5 for eggs. We were really pleased with this information.
I asked her whether I needed to be off dairy (because of nursing) and she said that if I hadn't noticed a difference, then NO!! That was the second piece of good news!! Off to dairy queen!!
I asked her about the weight gain stuff, and she has referred us to an allergy nutritionist at Sick Kids--to give us ideas about good foods for weight gain that don't contain dairy or eggs. :)
Monday, November 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's great that you are getting some answers and help. The worst part is not knowing, as parents we tend to assume the worst case scenario. I'm glad you're getting good news too!
Also I'm glad you're all feeling better today.
Can you do a quick post? I'm in Sophie withdrawal. Is she feeling any better??
Post a Comment