Monday, January 22, 2007

Having a BALL!



Yesterday Sophie was invited to a birthday party. I still get excited at the thought of a kids party--it reminds me that we really have a kid
My best friend Alix's son Simon turned 2. They rented an indoor playground that turned out to be a fantastic party location. It was wonderful for all different ages--from babies right up to big ol' kids. Sophie observed the big kids running everywhere, and quietly tooted around. The biggest hit for our girl was the ballroom--I have to admit that I'm a big fan too "okay, I guess I'll go in too..to supervise of course!"
I love observing Soph in different situations. She is quite a quiet little thing, just tooting around observing the big kids playing. She doesn't tend to talk much in big groups. A lot of people watching going on. But really happy and content to be a part of the party.
Sophie couldn't eat the cake so we were giving her her favourite snack these days---APPLE (who knew?). Her Auntie Ali came over and was VERY unimpressed that Soph was eating such a healthy snack at a birthday party. She said it's the aunt's job to give Soph junk food, and she quickly dashed away and came back with an orange sugar covered ju-jube. It was definitely a hit. The world of penny candy and sugar highs. Ahhh welcome! I'm sure she'll never touch apple again!

No comments: