Monday, February 26, 2007

The Adventure Begins


We are at stop number one of our month adventure. We travelled home yesterday. Soph slept the whole way (ahhhhhh). Brett spent some time working on his lines (he has 70 PAGES of lines to learn!! Yowza!) at Timmy Horton's and I decided to have some one-on-one time with the kids while Sophie napped. My sister has three kids, and now that Sophie is around it's rare that we get quality time. So I took my neice for a date, then my nephew. Gracie and I walked to the lake, played in the snow making snow angels and then ended up eating sprinkly donuts and hot chocolate outside of Tim Horton's.
Jonah and I played road hockey(it had been awhile!) then walked down to the local hockey arena to watch a hockey practice. On the way home we climbed up the huge snowpile the zamboni has made all winter and slid all the way down.
I had a great afternoon. Loved being outside, loved playing on 'kid time' where you aren't in a rush, aren't worried about Sophie getting cold, or getting tired of her stroller/backpack) Felt really good. It had been a long time since I'd played in the snow.
Had a great evening with the fam. Sophie is SOOOO happy playing with her cousins. This picture (actually taken earlier in the month) sums up Sophie while with her cousins. Always busy. Barely has a second look for ol' ma and pa. She is content to be googled at by her cousins all day long. It's a hard life.
Last night I slept in a different room from Brett and Sophie. I slept for TEN STRAIGHT HOURS. IN A ROW. It was an incredible sleep. I couldn't tell you the last time that happened. I feel fantastic today. It's amazing how my body feels different.
Brett left this morning on the train. Soph and I are going to spend a few days here and then a few days with my grandma. Then Thursday we're off to meet up with Brett again (wanted to let him get settled--have some good sleeps, etc.)
We found out we don't have computer access at Brett's aunt and uncle where we're staying. So my posting will probably be quite sporatic to say the least (I don't think long involved posts from the public library, where Sophie is attempting to crawl up the legs of random strangers will happen very often).
Day one of our adventure was a huge success. Quite frankly, any day that begins with 10 hours of sleep is a good one. Ta-Ta for now.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Bear - so glad you are well. It was neat picturing that exact Tim Hortons and the ice pile at the rink. Thanks for all your detail. I miss K-Town!