
I need to do a catch-up post. Last week, before we left for our weekend get-away, we had some more important visitors.
My mom and Watsy came to visit. It was a really exciting visit, because they hadn't seen our new place yet.
My mom has had a challenging year or two, and her health hasn't allowed her to travel. She has been getting stronger and stronger, and she finally felt she was ready to make the trip (with Watsy as pack-horse!!).
One of the main reasons for the visit was for my orchestra concert on Thursday night. They got great seats in the second row, so whenever I looked up I could see two sweet smiling faces looking at me. It was so wonderful to have them there. It meant a great deal to me.
Apart from the concert they basically spoiled us rotten. Take-out dinners both nights, delicious homeade raisin bread, new books for Sophie, and some babysitting thrown in!! What a treat for us.
We made two adventurous treks out--one was to a green coffee shop near us (where they roast gourmet 'green' coffee beans as you wait). It was delicious coffee (something I don't usually drink) and you don't even need to add milk or sugar to it. I also took them to a big organic grocery store as well as a book store near our house. We had fun looking at all of the interesting and unique food items.
Soph continues to be a champ. I found myself feeling anxious arriving home from the weekend, and my sister reminded me that when we get home from being away has typically been when she has gotten sick. Yesterday I noticed lots of sneezing and I tried not to get too worried about. Last night was a ROUGH sleeping night, so I was sure that today would lead to a bad cold. NOPE!!!! All smiles this morning. Phew. Let's hope it continues.
The next while is going to be a big change for us. Brett started rehearsing his play yesterday. It is going to be one of the biggest challenges of his acting career, and I am going to work hard to give him space and sleep.
Tomorrow we are heading north to Bancroft to visit a dear dear friend Shirley. Then we are back for a day and then off for the month. My posting will probably be sporadic, as I'm unsure of what my computer access will be in our various stops. But I will definitely check-in when I can. Ta-Ta for now!!
1 comment:
Have a great time when you're away! I'm sure it will be a fun adventure for all of you. Good Luck to Brett with the play.
Post a Comment