
We've had a wonderful week. Lots of new stuff is happening in our world, that I thought I'd share:
1) Sophie has been trying out standing on her own!! She's been pleased as punch with herself as she has been increasingly daring to let go of things to stand. Her favourite place to do this in on our bed (she's no fool---she knows there's a soft landing below!). She's a physically cautious kid and so we're proud of her for moving beyond her comfort zone for the free stand.
2) This week Soph used two words together. She said 'Bye Paul' to her uncle Paul and the next day 'hi dada' while waving.
3) Soph has been eating and drinking up a storm!! Since her 'sick fast' last week Soph is catching up. It does my heart so good to watch her mowing down dinner. Last night Soph and I had a mommy/daughter date night and we ordered a half-chicken dinner to share. Let's just say that Sophie is a huge fan of french fries (quel surprise!!). And she was popping chicken in her mouth like nobody's business.
4) Yesterday we had our 15 month old doctor's appointment. When they weighed Sophie she had lost weight and was 18 pounds 10 ounces. The makes her in the 5th percentile. Deep breath. Deep breath. I have to remember that she was sick last week and lost some weight. As well, she's just a little pip-squeak, and that's how she's meant to be. The doctor said that he uses his eyes not his scales and she still looks like a healthy, happy girl. I was upset for a bit after her appointment, then I realized that I have a happy, healthy kid that was needing some love and playing with! She was great during her needles. She cried a bit after the first, after the second some more, but calmed down quickly. Our lionheart.
5) When Sophie gets REALLY excited about something these days, she kind of does this vibration thing. In this picture she's actually doing it. She raises her hands up, bites her teeth together (showing us all her cute pearly whites) and does this adorable vibrate/shake thing. My neice Gracie used to do the same thing. Anyway, hilarious.
A great week and a great girl!!
PS--this morning Soph and I went to the grocery store to get a few things (it's amazing how early you can be at NoFrills when 6am is your wake-up time on a Sat!) When we were in line there was an elderly Asian man 3 or 4 people behind us. My pre-judgement of him was that he was quite serious, in his late 70s, unfriendly (and he was missing a lot of teeth). Shortly after I saw him making goo-goo faces to Sophie--his eyes were lit up with such kindness and he was sticking out his tongue and being really hilariously silly. He came over to us as we were leaving and said something very affectionate to Soph in Chinese and patted her. These things happen daily. I have been challenged in the assumptions I make about people. Strangers go out of their way to show Sophie kindness, and these connections are changing me, and teaching Sophie that people are full of goodness.
1 comment:
Uncle Mark and Aunt Meg say YAY, she's doing so much better!! She may be little but she looks great & she's fiesty and that's what'll matter in the end!!
P.S. We bought a ticket TODAY for October!! Heh heh heh! Love to you all!!!
Post a Comment