Thursday, March 08, 2007

Fun in the Burbs


We're having a grand ol time with my sister and her kids. They are so wonderful with Sophie. It is so incredible to see them as these sensitive, loving and gentle kids. And so much fun to be around.

Yesterday when the kids got home from school Soph was still napping, so I got some quality time with them for about an hour. It was so fun to work on dictee's, hear some great french reading and hear wonderful piano pieces. They are growing into such amazing people. It is so nice to be here with them.

When Soph woke up from her nap I was chopped liver. (hee hee). Good thing she's so cute--that's all I have to say!~ The kids played with her until bedtime. Sophie sat in her chair for such a long time at dinner, making eyes at each and every member of the family. Soaking up all the love they were showering her with. She's such a lucky kid.

It's wonderful to be here. There's nothing better than being at your sister's house. I'm being spoiled rotten.

This morning started a tad on the early side (FOUR THIRTY A.M...that's just WRONG!!). Soph slept on and off till 6am (felt mostly like off, but anyway). We were greeted by five big smiles when we came up the stairs. We plopped Soph in the stroller and walked the kids to the busstop (and it is COOLLLDD here...minus 35 with windchill!! ZOWEE). They sang and talked to her the whole way.

Later alligators. I'm careful not to mention the Leaf's in this house...I might end up out in the snow.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Sounds like you're having a great holiday. Sophie's lucky to have so many big cousins around to spoil her. My family in Tweed is the same way.. all Senators all the time. he he.. have fun! Hope the monkey lets you sleep more tonight.