Wednesday, March 07, 2007

On the Road Again!


We're at my sister Linda's house in Ottawa. We arrived at noon today to a very excited auntie to see her neice. Linda had organized a 'Sophieland' area where she brought up fantastic toys from her kids (when they were toddlers). Sophie has been in heaven. Auntie Linny is at Sophie's beckon call (just the way Soph likes it!) and they both have been having a love-in since we arrived! We are here until Sat. or Sun. to let Brett get some hard work done before his first performance this weekend. He is rehearsing 10 hours a day, so we thought we would take a little road trip.


The past few days has been really great. I'm loving our time away. Soph has been in great form. On Monday morning Emilee (a friend that I made through Bean) came over with her sweet baby boy Justin. We got some great photos of the two kids cuddling together. Sophie was so excited to have a baby at our house, that she kept doing her banchee scream (read...very very loud high pitched squeal). This, of course, was not thrilling for little Justin's ears. After a little while she calmed down and was much more herself. So bizarre, she only does that when she first meets other kids. It's like she doesn't know what to do with all the excitment/ stimulation that she's feeling.


In the afternoon I got a call from the wife of Brett's director (of the show he's doing). His wife also has a little girl (12 months) who was looking for a playdate, so they came over in the afternoon. The girls got along famously. Hazel is just walking, so Sophie crawled after her all around the house. They chased the beach ball all over and laughed and giggled. It was really funny, because they are so close in age, and saying the same things. When asked 'what does a fishy say' we would hear two little pairs of lips smacking each other. And same with sheep, cows, etc...So funny.


Yesterday it was COOOOLLLLDDDD!!! We braved a walk down the mountain to the library, where Sophie and I discovered a wonderful greenhouse attached. We spent a long time exploring the plants in there. We met another little girl named Sophia, who is 2 years old, and her mom and I hit it off. We ended up chatting for a long time, where my Sophie walked (with my fingers) after big Sophia. When they were leaving her mom asked if we wanted to get together next week. I was so happy that she suggested that. I was feeling too shy to ask, but was thinking the same thing (wow---being a mom is just like dating again!!).


This picture is from being at my Mom-Mom's last week. Thanks Auntie Linny for Sophie's new spring rain coat. I can hardly wait for spring!

No comments: