Monday, March 19, 2007

One-Man Wonder!

Where do I begin?? I am going to attempt to summarize the past WEEK since last blogging (and it's been a jam-packed one :)

On Saturday morning Soph and I got to watch one of Carson's hockey games (I have to admit that I LOVED watching it!). He got a goal and an assist. I was so happy to watch him play :). Soph tolerated it, but wasn't a huge fan of the air horns.
We drove back to Montreal with yucky rain/freezing rain. We made it safe and sound.

Sunday was Brett's first show. Soph and I spent the day biting our finger nails and thinking about him from afar. It went really well!! :)

Monday we had a playdate with a little girl named Hazel. The director of Brett's show has a 1 year old daughter. Soph and I went to their hotel and hung out for the morning. It was also day 1 of dropping down to one nap. When Soph started to 'crash and burn'...we politely snuck out....only to find a 14 dollar parking charge for an hour and a half. Monday evening Brett's mom (infamously known as 'G') arrived!! What a sight for sore eyes. She stayed until Friday and it was HEAVEN. Pure heaven. This week Sophie also started saying 'G', which melted her grandma's heart EVEN MORE. She would say it over and over and over again.

Monday night our friend's Bean and Nicco arrived! They flew to Egypt on Tuesday, but they came a bit early for a visit. Their friends (and our new friends) Emily, Sebastien and their son Justin picked them up from the airport and brought them to our place. It was so great to see them.

Tuesday morning we kicked around the house. Sophie was thrilled to see her 'Tita Bean'. At noon we put Sophie down for her ONE nap (day two) and I went out for lunch with Bean and Neeks. We went to a microbrewery called the Resevoir for lunch. A quick pick-up order from Swartz's and then dropped them off at the airport.

Wednesday we walked to this quaint little shopping street to look for a dairy free cookbook (negative) and bought a fun new toy (Mel--the stacking cups in the shape sorter like Belle's. She LOVES it!!) for Sophie at this great toy store called Oink Oink! Then off to the Metro grocery store for some yum-yums. Wednesday night G picked up Brett's aunt and uncle (where we're staying) from the airport. After 6 hours of waiting, she came home ALONE. Their flight was cancelled due to fog. They arrived at 2am after busing from Ottawa. Yuck.

Thursday was Brett's opening day. My dad, Narj, Aunt Barb and Uncle Al arrived in the afternoon, so Soph and I popped over to the hotel for a visit after her ONE nap. Sophie loved being with so many people that love her so much. This is one well loved human. She was soaking up all the love.

We came home and our friend's Jer and Leanne (babysitters extraordinaire) arrived to babysit Soph. I put her down and then we left for the show. It was incredible. I will need to devote an entire post to it, because it has been an experience of a life-time for me to watch Brett take on this challenge. There was an instantaneous standing ovation, and I was so proud. After the play there was a reception at the theatre, and then the artistic director took everyone involved with the show out for a fancy dinner to this place called Le Meac. It was outstanding food!! We got home very late---2:00am but it was a wildly wonderful evening.

Friday morning G left. It was really hard to see her go. We went to Cora's (just like at home!) for breakfast with my dad and crew, and we all talked about the great opening night. We came home and caught up with Brett's aunt and uncle. We had a really nice dinner with them that night (it was Brett's dark day).

Saturday we went to our friend's Jer and Leanne's in Outrement. We walked to this fantastic bagel store where you watch them bake the bagels right then and there. MMMmmmm. We stopped and picked up smoked meat at Lester's and then hung out at Jer and Leanne's. It was a lovely afternoon.

Sunday Brett had two shows, so Soph and I hung out with Aunt Mary-Jane and Neil for the morning, then headed out to do some shopping. We met Brett for dinner at the theatre between the shows and came home for another great evening of chatting with B's aunt and uncle.

This morning we went to Old Montreal. It just didn't really 'work'. It was too early so not much was open. It was quite chilly. Soph wasn't thrilled about being in her stoller. The galleries we were interested in all had stairs. It just didn't really work. So we switched our plan and went for a lovely snack at a cafe, where Sophie kept blowing kisses at the chef in the kitchen, and yelling 'cake' really loudly at the dessert display area.

PHEW! That is a lot of info!! There you have it. A fun-filled week in Montreal. Now I need a nap.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like you guys are having an awesome adventure. Funny, today at the grocery store Lainey was yelling "cake" when she saw the cakes. Our girls appreciate the fine things in like I guess. :o) Congrats to Brett, sounds like he's a success. Don't you guys forget us little people when you more to Hollywood. Enjoy your napless mornings! At least you have more freedom now.
Take care,Colleen

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm so glad to read so many wonderful, happy, new, exciting things for you all!! I can't wait for you to get home so we can TALK properly on the phone and catch up. PLEASE give Mark and my full, heatfelt congratulations to Brett. Someday we will be able to come and see an opening!!!

LOVE to you all and kisses to your girl from us!

Meghan (blogger won't let me in!)
P.S. You'll appreciate this - your word verification word has the word poo in it!! he he he xox