

Sophie had a wild and wonderful birthday extravaganza this past week. On November 5th, our sweet girl turned two years old. It's hard to believe. We had a quiet morning at home, recovering from a
weekend of travelling home to see our families. Adding the double whammy of daylight savings time, made for a bit of a grumpy birthday girl. Yowzaa--I hoped that the frequent occurrence of the word 'n-o' beginning the day she turned two was purely coincidental.The top few pictures are her enjoying her loot--a pair of wings from Tita Bean next door, and Sophie looking at her blog book!! (which is from blurb.com by the way. I am SOO happy with how it turned out). Sophie's G had a great idea for a gift, and that is to make Sophie a felt story for each month. This first month she bought us a "Happy Birthday" felt story with the board. Such a thoughtful idea!
Yesterday we had a little birt
hday party for Sophie. We had some of her little friends come for a morning at the farm, and then back to our house for a barbecue. Happily, the weather was on our side, and it was a sunny and mild morning. Sophie was a tad shy at the farm (a new thing we've been seeing more of lately) but when we got back to our house she perked up and was her usual self. The kids
were fantastic. You wouldn't have known that we had 9 kids 4 and under in our house.After everyone went home Sophie crashed for a three hour nap. After Brett and I cleaned up, we joined in for the last two hours of nap time. There were definitely moments throughout the party preparations that I was wondering why the heck we thought it was a good idea to have 30 people over for lunch for our child's SECOND birthday. But when it was all happening it was really special to have that time to celebrate a really important day for our family. (But I think next year we'll have a small family dinner...remind me of that next November okay??)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sophie! Love the blog book idea. (he he I liked your comment last night... I'll try to write again...been too busy lately too)
Post a Comment