Sunday, January 13, 2008

False Alarm

Cousins-to-be rub bellies
(My sister-in-law and her hubby are due May 1st!)
Still pregnant. Still haven't reached my due date. Still feels like I'm two weeks overdue.

On Friday I thought it was show time. I really thought it was a go. I went for a power walk in the morning with Bean, and for the rest of the day I was having regular and crampy contractions. The contractions were also going down my legs, and they weren't stopping when I sat or lay down. I felt a lot of pressure. The baby was really quiet and wasn't moving as much as normal (which happened before I went into labour with Soph)
After dinner I called our midwife to give her a 'heads up' that things might be starting, even though it was still really early. I was feeling excited, nervous, happy, anxious....the whole gammit.
Went to bed that night really early just in case it was going to be a long night. Then nothing. Natta. Everything stopped. Not one contraction all night. And since then it's gone back to how it was before. I think that maybe the baby might have dropped, which is why I was feeling that stuff. Or else the baby changed its little mind. I was a little bummed yesterday, but am trying to remember that I'm still early. That this little person obviously isn't ready to come out yet.
So we wait. Try to rest. Try to keep busy. Try not to be too impatient. Try.

2 comments:

meghan said...

Hi there!!!

On pins & needles - keep us posted.

Sorry we've been crappy friends. Things here are getting crazier than they were at Christmas. I don't want to call and give you all of it - you're a bit busy!! But we are thinking of you and loving all FOUR of you!! Have some spicy food!!!

Anonymous said...

KAREN!!!! How are you? Looong time my preggy friend! I love the pic...my my my it looks like you are about to pop...(and hopefully any day now!) I miss you guys and give My lil' sophie B. Hawkins a huge kiss for me! Keep me posted!

Love,
Emilee