




It was a wonderful day!! Shirley came to visit from Bancroft, so we had even more fun. Sophie had been planning to be Spiderman for Hallowe'en until the 11th hour when she changed her mind and decided to be Blue from Blues Clues. Clara was a baby bear, and she was really cute as a button.
Our neighbourhood decided to have a Hallowe'en Parade--where we sang songs and marched around in our costumes. Sophie was quite traumatized by this whole thing---I guess I didn't really prep her that there would be other people in costumes. She wouldn't let us put her down the entire time, and was particularly terrified of one of the dad's who was wearing a clown costume ('I don't like the daddy with the clown nose' was her quote).
The mom's on our street decided that we would make homeade treats to give out to the kids that we know. We made fudge (and it was quite tasty if I do say so myself!). It felt nice to be able to make homeade treats for the neighbourhood kiddies. We went out with Sophie and Shirley stayed and gave our candy at our house. It was really nice, because we bumped into lots of our new neighbours that we are slowly getting to know. It is such a great neighbourhood. We went trick or treating for quite awhile with Sophie's little buddy Ben from the house behind us. It was a great day!!!
We went back for a quite lasagne dinner then it was showtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment