Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dancing Class




Soph is taking dancing classes! And she is getting really into it. There are LOTS of pink tutus and Sophie's "married dress" fits right in. Today a new 'dancer' arrived in a full Cinderella ball gown. Hilarious!! I fought the pink beast and I lost. Hugely. Also losing the princess battle. But that's another story. I'm so jealous of the girl in all blue--the ONLY one not dazzled head to toe in pink. (Which reminds me, on Tuesday I forgot Sophie's "married dress" and as soon as we walked in the door she said appallingly "Mama, where's my DRESS??????!??! (aka--it ain't about the dancing, it's about the outfit") The dress was in the wash because after wearing it every single day over every outfit (including pyjamas) and even going to swimming lessons--it gets a bit gross.). Anyway, she moved on, but today when she had her dancing dress as it's now named (formerly known as married dress) she was soooo happy, and had a huge smile on her face the entire class.

Anyway, Sophie loves dancing class. Dancing is pretty much her favourite thing to do these days. We spent hours over the holiday dancing to the Nutcracker on YouTube. "Mommy, you be my son....lift me up" I digress. So when Sophie got some Christmas money we decided to use it for dancing classes.

Tonight Sophie kept asking me if it was time for dancing class (that we had this morning and don't have for another 5 days!!)--then asked if I could pretend to be her teacher and we could pretend to be at dancing class.

No comments: