Wednesday, April 29, 2009

48 Hours and Counting

I am so incredibly excited! In 48 hours I will be getting into a very quiet, adult vehicle with my mom and my sisters and driving to Toronto for a mother-daughter night away. We are going to go for supper, go see the Sound of Music and then stay in a hotel overnight. Saturday we will hopefully SLEEP IN (after sleeping all night!!) then will lounge around very slowly in our p.js. Then we will go for breakfast, lounge some more, then lunch, lounge, then slowly meander back into the quiet adult vehicle to come home. The hills are alive indeed, with the sound of a yodelling mother needing some kid-free time!!!


2 comments:

AlisonG said...

Hooray! Sounds heavenly. We have been watching "The Sound of Music" with Lia and she loves it, as long as we start the movie AFTER Maria finds the frog in her pocket. Frogs are scary!

I had a great time spending hours in a car with no kids, I'm sure you will too!

SC said...

To be honest, I'm just as excited for the car ride (into Toronto at rush-hour on a Friday) as I am for the musical! To be honest, I've hardly even thought of the musical part--it's the whole package :) Glad you enjoyed your window of quiet last weekend. I'm sure Jo was fantastic!