Monday, May 18, 2009

T.O. Visits!

Two days after getting home from Ottawa we packed up again and headed to T.O. We arrived at Auntie Ali and Uncle War's house after somewhat of a harried drive, involving Brett contorting his body into numerous pretzel like positions in order to keep the kids a-smilin.

1)This house is pretty much heaven for the girls. Three young boys=never ending fun playmates, a spoiling and doting auntie and lots of new toys!!

2)The next day we took a trip to visit my school. It was a little bit sad to walk back in those doors. So many incredible memories, so many incredible friends. I know that I'll never find another school like that again. But at the same time, I had nine amazing years there, and this is a different chapter in my life. I am so thankful to live in a city surrounded by so much family. I guess I'm realizing that we can't have it all. Different blessings for different seasons.

3)That afternoon we headed to visit G.G. It was a beautiful day, and we spent lots of time playing and exploring in the backyard. How hilarious is this photo?? It definitely needs captions on it!!!G.G. is such a patient and loving great-grandmother, and doesn't mind little hands exploring every nook and cranny of her house.
We had a somewhat loud yet wonderful dinner of Brett's favourite casserole in the world (he barely let me eat any!) and then headed back to T.O.

The next day was a very very important day. Bodhi's 1st birthday!! We were very excited for a picnic in High Park. The morning began with a HUGE downpour and a thunderstorm. Yikes.

4)We took a quick detour to visit Tita in our old neighbourhood. It was a really quick visit (and only Sophie and I cause Clara and Daddy were still zzzzzzing) but it was so lovely to be in those four walls again with Bean.

Sophie and I picked up Clara and Brett and headed to a very special Mr's first birthday party! (that requires a separate post!! A bientot!)


No comments: