Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Year Later






The day after I got home from the Sound of Music trip, we packed up the four of us and headed to Ottawa. Neighbours of ours from Toronto that have moved abroad were home for a visit, and so we jumped at the chance to see them.

We stayed at my sister's house, and had such a great afternoon and evening with the kids. As usual, Sophie and Clara were in 7th heaven with their cousins. We went to the park, played in the backyard, did dancing shows on the stage, were treated to recorder and piano concerts and topped the day off with a trip to Dairy Queen.

The next day we spent the day with our neighbours. It was so wonderful to see them--they haven't changed one little bit. They have a little guy Sophie's age, and have since had a precious baby girl (who I don't want to put photos of--I never want to put photos of other people's kids on the Internet without their permission.....I figure the back of the head is okay though!!). We met at the experimental farm and had a great morning with pigs, sheep and horses. Our friends brought a picnic lunch which was delicious, and we got caught up in snippets while chasing toddlers around the park. Brett came back from the washroom with a celebrity sighting---That's Diana Krall over there! He saw her with her twin boys, and what we suppose was her mom and her sister. I took a few paparazzi-type photos. I almost, but didn't quite, have the nerve to go talk to her. All I could see was a random blond with sunglasses! Brett has quite the keen eye! In a year a lot has happened, yet when we were with our friends, it truly felt like not a moment had passed. We laughed our heads off, and sadly said goodbye for at least another year. But these are friends that I know will always been in our lives.

The next day we headed home--a short but sweet visit, and stopped on our way for a wonderful lunch with Mom-Mom. It is always so amazing visiting her. It is such a highlight for all of us to be at her place. She is a truly incredible human being.

We came home for Tuesday night and Wednesday, then got packed up again to head to Toronto on Thursday for the last leg of our journey!! Stay tuned. I will add photos later (our phone line and Internet have been down for the past two or three days--randomly and sporadically working then not!!)

No comments: