Sophie had her first day of school on Tuesday. Well sort of. It was a meet the teacher morning, where we just went for an hour and met the teacher. Tomorrow she has her first 'official day' where we drop her off in the morning and pick her up at lunch.
Sophie has been nothing but excited about school. We did three dry runs where we walked the route, played in the special kindergarden play area and then came home. It's about a 10 minute walk (or 20 mins when Soph walks as well!).
The verdict is still out on Sophie's teacher. I hope that Sophie connects with her. I'll leave it at that.
Clara was a riot at school. She was in there like a dirty shirt. She was drawing, playing with toys, searching through the classroom for anything and everything interesting. She cracks me up.
We'll see what tomorrow brings. Sophie has showed no apprehension at all about going to school. I really hope that tomorrow she is the same way. I'm sure I'll be misty eyed walking out of that building. It really seems like just yesterday we were walking out of the hospital with a very precious bundle. I'd be lying if it isn't hard for me to release her to the world, even if it is only a JK classroom. It feels like the big world.
1 comment:
I CAN'T BELIEVE that she is old enough to go to school - HOLY COW - when did that happen?!?!?!
(Psst... we are going to be in Canada on Saturday!!! Will you call us at Mom & Dad's when you can? Maybe we can connect!!!)
XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment